בית כנסת Alexander Litin, no later than 2013 - בית כנסת בשקלוב This abandoned building standing at Communist Sreet 106 was formerly one of Shklov's Synagogues. Built towards the end of the 19th century, and used as a synagogue until World War II, in the period after the war in the 1950's-60's this building was used as a veterinary laboratory. According to a local historian, during that period Jews used to gather for secret worship in this building, as the Chief Veterinary Doctor at that time was Jewish, and used to permit the Jewish Community to use the synagogue secretly. Now it stands abandoned, a tragic testimony to a population that once was, and now is gone. It is currently privately owned, reported changed hands about a year ago, the new owner rebuilt the ceiling, but has done nothing else and the building remains forlorn

shklov_17

בית כנסת Alexander Litin, no later than 2013 - בית כנסת בשקלוב      This abandoned building standing at Communist Sreet 106 was formerly one of Shklov's Synagogues.   Built towards the end of the 19th century, and used as a synagogue until World War II, in the period after the war in the 1950's-60's this building was used as a veterinary laboratory.    According to a local historian, during that period Jews used to gather for secret worship in this building, as the Chief Veterinary Doctor at that time was Jewish, and used to permit the Jewish Community to use the synagogue secretly.   Now it stands abandoned, a tragic testimony to a population that once was, and now is gone.    It is currently privately owned, reported changed hands about a year ago, the new owner rebuilt the ceiling, but has done nothing else and the building remains forlorn